Are you self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth? Do you find yourself often hiding your smile because you are not comfortable with the way your smile looks? If so, cosmetic dentistry may be solution you need to help you bring back your winning smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is a highly specialized form of dentistry that is equal parts science and art. A skilled cosmetic dentist can give you the perfect smile you’ve always dreamed of but thought was forever out of reach.
How We Can Improve Your Smile
Dentists have a number of tools and procedures available to them that can, among other things, repair chipped or stained teeth, straightened crooked teeth, close gaps between teeth, or restore your teeth to a healthy, gleaming white.
The most common cosmetic dental procedure is the use of braces to straighten crooked teeth or close gaps between teeth. However, there are a number of other tools your dentist has at his disposal to improve your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Here are a few of most common procedures offered by a cosmetic dentist:
- Tooth whitening to restore your teeth to their natural color.
- Enamel shaping or contouring to restore chipped or worn teeth to a more natural shape. This is often combined with bonding, which involves bonding special tooth-colored resins to your teeth to fill small cracks and gaps between teeth, or to restore discolored teeth.
- Veneers, which are custom-made covers which are bonded to the front of teeth to restore a natural appearance. Veneers are usually made of plastic or porcelain materials and are often a cheaper alternative to the more traditional dental crown.
- Crowns, often called caps, serve the same purpose as veneers with one critical difference: while veneers cover only the front face of the tooth, caps cover the entire tooth. While this may give a more natural appearance than veneers, it is also a much more expensive process.
- Dental implants are permanently implanted artificial teeth that are used to replace teeth that are too damaged to be repaired or restored using other cosmetic procedures.
At Williamsville Family Dentistry, we offer many cosmetic dentistry treatments to get you the smile of your dreams. You shouldn’t have to be unhappy about the look of your teeth. Call us today to find out how we can help you, or book your appointment online.